The fireplace has traditionally been the focal point in living rooms across America. A century ago, fireplaces with their brick surround and wide wood mantle, were functional as they were relied upon to heat a room. The advent of central heating in homes made fireplace use less about function and more about enjoyment and ambience, especially during the holidays. Who doesn’t look forward to crackling logs, glowing embers, and a woodsy scent that permeates the air?
In modern homes, gas fireplaces are now installed more often than wood-burning open-hearth fireplaces. Thanks to their ease of use and the fact they are cleaner and require less maintenance, gas fireplaces are widely popular. In some cases, existing wood-burning fireplaces can easily be converted to gas, assuming there’s a gas line already running to your house. Log inserts for gas fireplaces look realistic and throw off a steady, beautiful flame. And the heat they give provide be directed via a built-in blower into the room where the fireplace is located for additional warmth.
What about rooms where no fireplace exists? What can be done to achieve the same ambiance as you have in your living room? The solution is easy – and no major renovation to build in a fireplace is required. Technology, design, function, and creativity combine to deliver homeowners the ability to now enjoy a fireplace in any room of their home. A portable electric fireplace gives you the option to create just the right atmosphere wherever you have an outlet to plug it in.
Portable fireplaces come in a variety of styles and sizes that let you choose the look to match your room size and décor – whether wall mounted, tabletop, a larger mantel electric fireplace, or one built into an entertainment center.
A Fireplace for Every Room
- Kitchen/Dining Area – The kitchen is the heart of the home, especially when entertaining. Create a focal point with an electric fireplace hung on a wall or place one strategically between the kitchen and the dining room if your floor plan is open concept.
- Master Bedroom – Turn the heat up! You’ll love retreating to the master suite to enjoy the romance and coziness a corner fireplace provides.
- Lower-level Family Room – Rooms below ground level tend to be cooler than those in the rest of the house. An electric fireplace provides warmth for the hours the family spends downstairs watching movies or playing games, and adds just the right touch to finish the look of the room.
- Bathroom – If space allows, a portable electric fireplace lets you create the perfect spa-like getaway. Relax in the glow and warmth a wall-mounted unit provides.
- Workshop/Studio – How do you use the spare room in your home? As a music room? Man cave? Art studio? Den? A portable fireplace makes it extra comfortable and may even help the creative juices flow!
Today, “lighting” a fire can occur any time of day, any day of the week. And with the variety of styles and designs available, you are sure to find one that fits perfectly with the décor in practically every room of your home.
Sovereign Construction Services, a full-service building and remodeling company, is available to help you understand all your fireplace options. Owner Steve Rush sits down with homeowners and collaborates with them to understand their wants and needs. He then presents a tailored solution to address those needs. Call Steve at 610-639-2986.